Tuesday, April 22, 2008

tribute to a fantastic boy

he's really sweet. he embraces me every morning when i start to wake up. he kisses everyone in the family lovingly --- and wetly. when papa or i bump into something and start yelping "owww! ouccchhhh!" he is the first one to rush to our side to comfort us, embracing us, kissing the sore spot. can pain last with such sweet attention? he's incredibly perceptive and sensitive for his age. he loves to sing and he sings well. his intonation is something i am truly proud of as a musician and i have entertained the thought of enrolling him in serious voice lessons in the future should he desire it.

i don't know how to explain it, but he breaks my heart. i see him and he grows so fast... the eve of his birthday, i held him close and whispered, "don't grow up too fast, please?"

if i call him "my baby" he looks at me sternly and says, "i am NOT! a baby!" and i shoot back, "you will always be my First baby, sweetheart, no matter how old you get."

one time he said, "i will never leave you alone, mama."

i tell ya, he really breaks my heart.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?